Monday, May 30, 2011

Longing home-liness

Hey Chia!

I just love that pirate picture! How sweet! AaaaaRe you having at good time in the country young lass!? =P See what I did there?! Heh. Heh. Heh...

Well as you have been informed by a certain informant, I've been sick these past few days.

Before falling ill, I was feeling that need to chill a bit. But I kept pushing it. My first taste of homely goodness was on Thursday night (I actually was already getting 'bad' stomach earlier at work, but I thought it would pass). Kev and I wanted to give Voon her belated birthday present, but she was going to Ann's for dinner.

Ann being so sweet and generous said that Kev and I could come along for dinner! When we arrived, she had prepared everything for us to make pizzas! She made the dough, which was multigrain, and had all the toppings!

Hrm... homemade pizza base


So we had to roll up our sleeves and roll out the dough onto the oven trays. We made three pizzas, Ann's, Voon's and then Kev and I split one.

Kev, Ann and Voon - Masterchefs!


The toppings available were things like mushrooms, basil, tomato, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, feta cheese, pepperoni, walnut, antipasto mix, tomato sauce, okonomiyaki sauce (forgot it's proper name), Japanese mayonnaise and much more!

Voon preparing her Pizza


After we put the pizzas in the ovens, we sat in front of the couch and watched Masterchef. Ann then offered to do my nails! She had bought a whole lot of new nail polish and she even got one of those UV nail polish dryers! It dried super quick (especially since there was like almost 4 layers!).

The pizzas soon came out looking like this:

Ta-da!


We happily ate these pizzas in the warmth of Ann's house while watching tv. It was something I had not done in a long time. Ann also surprised us with apple strudel from Corica Pasteries!

Thank you so much Ann, for letting Kev and I crash your dinner. Happy birthday Voonie!!! Hope you like your presents!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment