Monday, November 21, 2011

Another super weekend

Hi Anna!

Oh you got me so excited that as soon as I got home today I hopped online to see if there were any reports of Alicia's and Michael's wedding! Can't wait to see them!!!!

Thanks to the the time difference, while the lovebirds were getting hitched yesterday, I was fast asleep. When I woke up, I texted you to get some details of the wedding! During the day I kept wondering what the couple were up to and what you were doing. I was also trying not to be sad that I wasn't there. Haha!

I spent the first half of the afternoon at Portobello Markets in Notting Hill but I didn't find what I was looking for. Then I went to Stratford to meet a friend. This is the suburb of the Olympics!!!!! I still have to pinch myself and break into bouts of joy thinking of the millions of people pouring into London to see the Oympics. I'm going to be in the city hosting the 2011 OLYMPICS! I didn't walk up to the stadium but I had a quick glance at the surroundings from the newest and largest shopping centre ( Westfield as in Westfield back home!)  in Europe which is near the tube station to the Olympic stadium.  I didn't think it was that massive at the time but in hindsight I bet I didn't even cover half of it. I didn't take any photos because I felt that it might not be very interesting and was just another mall and had all the big brands that you'd find on Oxford Street.

Straight from there I went to Shoreditch to meet Dom and her friends for Vietnamese. My first taste of Vietnamese in London and I was pleasantly surprised by how tasty and authentic the pho was. I miss Vietnam! The street where the restaurant was located on was filled with lots of Vietnamese eateries and is unofficially known as Pho Street.
Nice big bowl of pho with sliced beef!!
Dom and her friends. Some of them are her housemates too. They were either Australian or New Zealanders and were a whole lot of fun!
We also went for drinks and dance and I had the most MOST tantalizing mojito ever!

At about 11.30pm I decided to call it a night and catch the last tube home and it made me really happy that it was easy to get home. I also love London because you can wander around late at night from a venue and there are always people around and you never feel unsafe. I chatted to a lovely (maybe a little drunk) couple from France and we walked to the tube station together. I'm finding that London is such an international city and there are so many people from all over the world coming to London to work.

The last two weekend has been super and it has made me feel love this city more. I think a lot has to do with me getting out and doing things with friends.  From now on I intend to make the most out of each weekend because there is lots to do and see. I'm more than 1/4 of my way through my visa here :(

You'd think I'd be sleeping in on a Sunday morning after being out the whole of yesterday, but today I woke up nice and early at 7am and decided to make sushi. It was beautiful outside and because it was so foggy I imagined that it was snowing while I was making my sushi. It was serene and breathtaking!
Outside my bedroom window in the morning
Can't say the same for my sushi. Never am I going to be silly and boil sushi rice with extra water. Tomorrow for lunch I will be having the rest of my soggy sushi :(

At 11am I met up with Lauren and Claire and we went to Spitalfrield markets. It was Lauren's first time at the markets and she loved it! There were awesome vintage/handmade/secondhand/food/ everything! We had a lot of fun browsing through the stalls for Chrissy presents.
Love the talent of Londoners!

Lauren went CRAZY and bought a whole heap of scarves here!
And the price to pay for having two super weekends in a row is a partially blocked nose, sore throat and a cough.

Totally worth it though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment