Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Hi Anna

I've been having fantastic weekends!

Last night I went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. It's where the annual largest Christmas market of London are held and there are rides, food stalls and games!

I was absolutely DELIGHTED and felt like a kid all over again. I couldn't stop grinning! I made the mistake of forgetting my gloves and my hands were aching with cold the whole night. It helped to have two cups of mulled wine though! It was the first time I tried it and I really liked it. It's like piping hot red wine with cinnamon, cloves and a bit of orange infused in it. Very comforting and definitely a better alternative to coffee/hot chocolate/ tea!

Entrance
Face looking too round for my liking here! I hope it's the angle!
  I wanted to try the gingerbread but I couldn't find one in the shape of a tree or a gingerbread man! They sold ones that looked more suitable for Valentine's!
A little disappointed that the gingerbread were in ugly heart shapes. 
Some of the rides
 And of course the HIGHLIGHT of my life.. well I don't know maybe not of my life... I do have lots of highlights in my book of highlights but anyway, seeing these REINDEERS would definitely be one of the best highlights!



I've never seen them in real life before and I've always thought they were fictional just like Santa. Imagine my surprise when I was walking home from the heath in the morning to come home to the entire street outside closed and set up the Christmas markets. How amazing is that?!  Apparently they will have the stalls set up every Sunday for the lead up towards Christmas. They've also put up some Christmas lights but I haven't seen them on yet. 

I've never really gotten into the Christmas spirit until now! I hope HW will enjoy it all when she comes! Not long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment