Friday, January 20, 2012

YAY Photo!

Morning Chia!

YAY! It's so great to see you! And so great to hear from you!

I hope you're feeling better! Getting into the daily routine, commitments to jobs etc can be a bit depressing at times, but that's why we are always looking for the small things in life that make us happy right?! =D

I loveeeee that photo of you! And I am so jealous that you got to walk to Neuschwanstein castle in winter! Just to make myself feel closer to you... here's a pic of me walking to the castle in Autumn.


It's not as magical as it must have been in winter, but I like to think that we have walked the same path =)

Aw!!! One week of holidays! Chinese New Year! OOOOh  come to Perth! =) Unless there is another place you would want to visit? Ah... to be able to live your life! I am so glad I get to live vicariously through you.

This week I've been trying to set a healthy routine that is sustainable. I realised that if I don't run or do some intense cardio I get really emotional/cranky/sad. And since I've continued to wake up at 5.30am each morning out of habit, I've been making myself do a short 2.5km run, especially since I've finally got my new ASICS Kayano shoes.

Here are my shoes after this morning's run:


It was so muggy and hot so I was struggling. However, my shoes are really comfortable! I am so lucky that I live so close to the beach. I just step outside, and in less than a minute, I am running beside the ocean and I love it. I love smelling the sea air, and the cool breeze as I run. It's so refreshing, and so different to the concrete jungle that I see every day at work.

When I start struggling with the run, I just look out into the ocean and try to see things or imagine things. It's such a great therapeutic thing to do when life is so hectic. It's like my own time. I get to think of the things that are stressing me out/upsetting me and just sort my ideas out. I find that running lets you expel all that stressful/negative feelings and replace it with happy, fresh feelings!

Not to mention, once I've completed a run I feel so good and I feel like I've accomplished something even before the day has started!


OH! And you wanna know what was one of the coolest things that happened to me on my Wednesday morning run this week? On my route home, I was running up this hill and was struggling. I just pushed through the pain and focused on the path, when all of a sudden I saw two brown paws running next to my feet. I turned to my right to see this happy brown dog looking at me while he was running along side me!

It was so sweet! and I was so happy that he kept up with me. He would drop back for a few seconds and when I think he had run somewhere else, I would see his paws slowly catch up to my feet. His owner was running behind me, so I guess the happy dog was just making sure his owner was still there!

It made me really want a medium sized/large sized happy dog that I can run with. It was nice to have someone there who is even more happier and excited that your running. It's good motivation when your struggling.


Anyways, I better go have breakfast. Got a busy day at work today. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment