Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The lucky last

Hi Anna!

Forget the last post, I'm definitely excited now!

 My room is totally bare just like the first day I moved in. I gave away a whole lot of stuff  and I'm all packed. Just under a couple of hours until Benny gets here to help me get my things to the airport. It was difficult deciding what to leave behind but in the end I managed to get just over 30kg into my suitcase and happy that my favourite belongings are all in there including my rollerblades! Haha. They weighed about 3kg alone but I wanted to make sure I had them with me. I'm terrible because yesterday when I was in Oxford Street I wanted to buy more things to take with me. Clothes of course. Pull yourself together Chia, you're going to a place with a gazillion shopping malls not the jungles of East Kalimantan.

I'm  not so sad anymore because I know there are plenty of things to look forward to and I get to see a familiar face in KL! Wohooo!!! Additionally, thinking about all the wonderful things that I've experienced made me feel like I made the most of London. I shall leave you with one of the highlights of London.

I was here for the Royal Wedding, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and I was here for the OLYMPICS 2012!!!!!  I couldn't have picked a better time to come to London. It was one of the most fantastic experience ever and incredibly blessed to have Shaz and Lauren with me to celebrate and join in the fun. My Ausdon buddies hooray!

I felt very patriotic and proud to be supporting team Aus and although I haven't been back home in a while, Australia, Perth you will always have my heart! I will come back for you, I will!!!!!


GOOD MORNING OLYMPIC STADIUM :) The stadium looks rather small in this pic.This is us at 8am with our hockey tickets. Totally worth every quid. I still can't believe what great seats and fun we had.

View of Olympic Park. Shame about the grey clouds.

We were  here London 2012!
Our Aussie flags

Waiting for the game to start. So no one else wanted to wig it except for me. Took ages painting the flag at 5 in the morning. Should've thought of the tattoos. Looks odd when I smile too haha!
The damage. What a super game!

First game of hockey I've ever watched. Excitement, Mexican waves, win, hotness, no rain. Nothing else I'd ask for.

Celebrating with our beers.

We had a few people wanting to take photos with us including these American/Mexicans.
Why didn't I think of this idea?
We stayed for the whole day after the game exploring the park and doing strange poses. Well I was.

I'm thinking of the night when I was leaving Perth to London and you wrote our first post. I am so proud of our blog and love how we still have it up and running. I loved reading about what you've been up to and your updates on Perth.  I am feeling a little sentimental about the whole blog now. I just wanted you and all my friends to know what a great support they have been and no way would I be able to do all of this and get through it without you or them.

 As the title suggests, this is the lucky last post from London, but it sure won't be the last post at all.  I'm finally here. This is the last day in London.

See you on the other side Anna!

MUAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment