Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wildflowers


Hi Anna!

 You're on a blog roll!

Sauri and Saurus look very happy next to each other :) Plus your $1.50 post made me giggle. About a couple of years ago I found out Chia was a type of seed and since then I've had friends mention they've been having me in their breads and cereals! I'll have to try them one day. Maybe they have chocolate chia seed cakes. They sound more exciting.

I was dying to read your post on Exmouth! haha.. I liked how you surprised Kev. Surprises are fun but I never end up doing them in case it doesn't work out quite right. As soon as I read your post it made me dream about Bali/Thailand/Indonesia and all those sunny beachy places I've been to. Swimming, surfing, tanning and SCUBA DIVING. If there is one thing I would love to do in my next holidays is to dive dive and dive!!! Loved the whale photos and the story of you swimming with the turtle made me jealous!

And then you talk about what you plan to be eating in HK! How torturous! You're making me miss travelling. I hope you have a fantastic time stuffing yourselves and taking lots of pictures to make me envious.

 I tried running yesterday afternoon and I think I tore a leg muscle. Am I the only one that hates and skips stretching?

I know I've been lacking in posts. I'm finding it hard to find to blog about anything at all. . Not like there's a cool market to spend my Saturday mornings poking around for vintage items, or stumbling across a gay parade on the streets, or funny things the children have said in class. I do miss London for all it's quirks but like I tell everyone, I am LOVING the sunshine here. I will wander outside and lie on a bench to soak in some rays at every chance I get without burning myself. 


The last couple of weeks have gone by quickly. I've been doing things that do not involve shopping or digging deeply into the pockets. See below.


Found boxes of my colour pencils I forgotten I had

Love drawing birds
This photo was taken when I was on a safari in Sri Lanka to spot a leopard (haha) but we saw many other wildlife like this brightly coloured bird I forget it's name.


Just noticed my fat finger in the way of course lovely spread. I did antipasto which was slack compared to HW's homemade sausage rolls and fruit salad.

Somewhere in Swan Valley we found a picnic spot. We fell in love with the country and wouldn't mind being a farmer's wife. After we were done, we drove around for ages checking out suburbs in the midwest.  I am going to make it a point to go for more picnics!

This was taken in KL when I thought I was going to cut my hair that day
All tied up in a bun. I miss my hair bunning days.
I think I'm addicted to the quick editing filters on Instaram to fix up poor lighting. I wish short hair was easier in the mornings :(
PERTH from King's Park.
This was the inspiration for my painting
Acrylic on canvas. If I can do a better one I might enter a local art competition. Do help me if I become a little obsessed and anti social.


I think these are called strawflowers

How vibrant!
Random. Munched on these today. One thing they do not have in London are these rice crackers. Apart from Arnott's shapes, I missed eating these in London believe it or not!
There was also photos that we took that Friday night at 43 Below but none of them were very appropriate! Haha. Especially Kev and his v neck shirt.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment