Friday, February 22, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar that... exploded!

Hi Anna!

Beautiful sunset and great reporting on THE COLOR RUN!  My favourite part was the videos! And my favourite video was the one that I helped in filming because it captured you in front of the camera rather than behind it :p

No exciting adventures from me just yet, but I have a sad or funny (or both depending how you look at it!) story to share with you.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that there was a fat spotty caterpillar munching away on a frond of the new fern that I had placed in my room. I was rather delighted to have acquired such a pet and the thought of it eventually becoming a 'surprise-coloured' butterfly was exciting that I didn't mind picking off the little caterpillar droppings on my shelf. It was even nice that Mr Smurf had someone to talk to.

So over the week I poked around the fern keeping tabs and watching it fatten up nicely, anticipating when it would plod along to the next stage of its life cycle.

SADLY... that anticipation was short lived. One evening, I found tiny green blobs splattered on my carpet.

I was horrified! How on earth could this happen? Of course I was upset! And overwhelmed with  disgust whilst frantically sponging fluro green viscera off my carpet.

I've convinced myself that his sticky little feet could could no longer grip his extra weight gain and he fell to his death. That or, he simple just exploded as you do when you eat too much fern. It's highly  unlikely that he was brushed onto the carpet and then trodden on by his responsible and attentive keeper.

Sometimes when something is too sad, you've got to make light of the situation and resort to humour :(

Mr Smurf and the Very Hungry Caterpillar in his whole and complete happy form.




No comments:

Post a Comment